Thursday 19 April 2018

Horseshoe Lace Socks

Well, these took me a bit longer to complete than expected!  It's not a difficult lace pattern but it's still much slower to knit of course than plain knitting.  The pattern can be found here, should you be interested, except I knitted mine from the toe up and made a Fleegle heel (pattern is from the top down, with a re-enforced heel).  She has other nice sock patterns too.

I can't get my camera to pick up the colour right.  The socks look pink but they really are more purple than that in real life.

It was such a gorgeous sunny day today so I went outside with my socks to take photos.



I put my hand inside to stretch the knitting
so you could better see the lace pattern.



And finally...
pink and green... or purple and green
always go so well together,
don't they?



Right, what shall the next project be??

Best wishes,
Frivole

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous socks, well worth paying attention to when knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful work 💟🌹💟

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely socks, as always! And I have always liked pink and green, they are a very happy combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even pink, they look wonderful. The lace is beautiful but the name sure is funny. Why the Fleegle heel? Is it more comfortable or more fun to knit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, I like the fit of the Fleegle heel and I find it very easy to knit. There are no gaps (which can happen with some heel constructions) and it's easy for me to remember. But there are lots of other great heels out there, many of which I have tried. It's just a matter of finding the one that appeals to you.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful socks! I've heard of the Fleegle heel, but haven't tried it. I'll have to look it up again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sehr schöne Socken. Von der Fleegle Ferse habe ich noch nicht gehört. Werde mich mal umhören.
    Die Farbe der Socken gefällt mir sehr gut.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much for your comments everyone! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!